Online entry form available from 6 May 2019
Southern Buoy Studios invite artists to submit works in celebration of The Mornington Peninsula Exhibition of 2019.
The prize will be awarded, to the best landscape painting of Australian scenery here on the Mornington Peninsula
Entries in the Mornington Peninsula landscape exhibition are eligible to be considered for:
- The Best in Show -$2000 of canvases and art materials from our sister company SB
- The Peoples choice award– value $500 framing
To be considered for selection, a competitor must comply with all entry instructions and conditions.
- Date of work: must be completed July 2018 – July 2019
- Successful applicants notified: 9 August 2019
- Delivery of entries: 19- 24 August 10-2pm
- Mornington Peninsula landscape exhibition: 31 August Gala night (ticketed event)
- Collection of unsold work : 7 to 12 October 2019 10-2pm Southern Buoy Studios
Instructions and conditions
- Must NOT exceed the size limit of 1.5m x 1.5m. Dimensions apply to the actual work of art, not the mounting or framing.
- May be a multi-panel work as long as the overall dimensions do not exceed the size limit above.
- May be a landscape painting in oil, watercolour, acrylic or mixed media. Seascapes and cityscapes are acceptable.
Preparing the work for delivery
- Must be suitably framed for handling IF it is a painting. A stretched canvas is considered a suitable frame.
- Must be clearly marked on the back with the artist’s name and address and the title of the work.
- Must NOT be wet when submitted.
Delivering your entry
Entries will only be accepted during the specified period to Southern Buoy Stuidios. 1/19 Carbine Way, Morningotn. 3931. Delivery must be made in person, by a nominated representative (such as a friend, relative or artist’s agent) or by a courier/freight company.
The Gallery will NOT pay for any costs incurred in the delivery of any entry, including freight.
Each competitor is responsible for maintaining their own insurance.
Exhibiting the work
The competitor grants the Gallery permission to display the work:
- in an exhibition of selected finalists for the Mornington peninsula Landscape Exhibition 2019 at Southern Buoy Studios.
Selected competitors agree to make themselves available for the purposes of exhibition-related events, promotion and publicity at times and dates and in places reasonably requested by the Gallery.
Original and non-infringing work
The competitor warrants that the work is original and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party.
Licensing the work
The finalist grants Southern Buoy Studios a non-exclusive licence to reproduce the work in material form, to photograph, publish and/or communicate it to the public for prize-related purposes, including marketing, publicity, educational and publication uses for the Gallery.
Permission to so reproduce the work must be conveyed by the artist to any purchaser of the work.
Where reasonable, the Gallery will attribute the artist as the author of the work and reproduce the work in full. Details of the work may be used at the Gallery’s discretion.
Selection of works
The prizes are NOT acquisitive (ie the works are still for sale)
The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
Finalists and prize winners will be emailed and put on SouthernBuoy Studio websites.
Artists whose work is chosen for display will be asked to provide additional information (such as biographical details and a statement about the work) to assist with preparation of prize-related material.
Collecting the work
The competitor is responsible for organising the collection of their work during the time period specified by the Gallery .
Competitors sending couriers for pickup must do so in the allocated time for collection form Southern Buoy Studios.
The Gallery will NOT pay for any costs incurred in the collection of any entry.
Image: Baden Croft’s studio at Southern Buoy Studios.