Gallery Hire & Exhibiting Works
Southern Buoy Studios is a dynamic gallery and studio space on the Mornington Peninsula.
Southern Buoy Studios engages with artists and the community through a regularly changing exhibition program, events and activities, studio hire and through our website, where artists are encouraged to sell and promote their work.
Southern Buoy Studios is available for both gallery and venue hire. In addition to this, Southern Buoy Studios welcomes proposals from artists to include works in the SBS stockroom and display online.
Southern Buoy Studios welcomes proposals for both solo and group exhibitions. The gallery is perfectly suited for wall-mounted works, both framed and unframed, as well as a limited number of sculptural and multi-media works.
The Gallery must be hired in full.
The Gallery dimensions are:
- The Premiere Gallery (length - 23.2m)The Premiere Wall, visible as soon as you step through the door, is the main wall that runs the full length of the gallery.
- The Courtyard Gallery (length - 8.5m)
- The Small Hall (length - 23.2m)
- The Black Gallery (length - 8m)
Gallery hire is for a period of two or four weeks which includes bump in and bump out.
Gallery hire runs from the Wednesday to the Tuesday.
Cost per fortnight: $2,495
Gallery hire includes:
- Exclusive use of the gallery walls for the duration of the exhibition
- Hanging and bump in support
- Full use of professional hanging system
- Marketing - including
- social media posting about the event on Southern Buoy Studio Facebook and Instagram pages
- Invitations sent out to the Southern Buoy Studios database
- Exhibition information on Southern Buoy Studios website
- Listing in Art Almanac magazine
- Opening night support including chairs, tables, set up.
- Food and alcohol not included
- Catering can be arranged by gallery at an additional cost.
Gallery hire excludes:
- Processing sale of artworks
- Invitation and price list design and printing
- Transportation of works to and from gallery
- Framing - please get in touch if you’d like our friends at Southern Buoy to assist with your framing needs.
- Studio space
- Gallery staffing on weekdays. Gallery space can be opened on the weekend but will need to be staffed by hirer.
Terms and Conditions:
Staffed opening hours are 9am - 5pm Monday Friday.
All works must be ready to hang to the system installed in the gallery
A non-refundable deposit of 30% of overall hire fee and payable on confirmation of booking with full settlement due 60 days prior to the opening of the exhibition.
- Gallery hire does not provide you with exclusive use of the space, and there may be out of hours functions on throughout the duration of your exhibition.
- Gallery hire must not interfere with the studio artists and their work.
- Images of all promoted artworks to be provided to Southern Buoy Studios 30 days prior to exhibition.
Exhibiting Works / Stockroom
Southern Buoy Studios welcomes interest from artists looking to consign works to SBS for display in the stockroom and on the SBS website for a period of up to six months.
If you are interested in consigning works, please get in touch with us regarding the works and completing a consignment agreement.
From time to time, SBS will also put a call out for submissions for our exhibition program.
Commission on all works sold through SBS is 30%, both in SBS exhibitions and the stockroom.
Have questions or want to clarify any of the above?
Or perhaps you’re ready to book the venue?
Please get in touch with us at [email protected], we look forward to hearing from you.